Valentina S. Harizanov
Valentina Harizanov currently serves as a Professor of Mathematics with the Department of Mathematics.
- Mathematical logic
- Computability theory
- Computable model theory
- Computable algebra
- Theoretical computer science
- M.A., Ph.D. 1987, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Computability and definability, with T. Ha, L. Marshall and H. Walker, in Structure and Randomness in Computability and Set Theory , World Scientific (2020), pp. 285-355.
- On decidable categoricity and almost prime models, with S. Goncharov and R. Miller, Siberian Advances in Mathematics 30 (2020), pp. 200-212.
- Turing degrees and automorphism groups of substructure lattices, with R. Dimitrov and A. Morozov, Algebra and Logic 59 (2020), pp. 18-32.
- Turing degrees of complete formulas of almost prime models, with S. Goncharov and R. Miller, Algebra and Logic 58 (2019), pp. 282-287.
- Cohesive powers of linear orders, with R. Dimitrov, A. Morozov, P. Shafer, A. Soskova, and S. Vatev, in Computing with Foresight and Industry, Springer (2019), pp.168-180.
- Computability-theoretic categoricity and Scott families, with E. Fokina and D. Turetsky, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 170 (2019), pp. 699-717.
- Strong jump inversion, with W. Calvert, A. Frolov, J. Knight, C. McCoy, A. Soskova, and S. Vatev, Journal of Logic and Computation 7 (2018), pp.1499-1522.
- Orders on magmas and computability theory, with T. Ha, Journal of Knot Theory and Ramifications 27 (2018), pp. 184001 (1-13).
- Groups with orderings of arbitrary algorithmic complexity, with J. Chubb and M. Dabkowski, in Sets and Computations, World Scientific (2017), pp. 221-251.
- The lattice of computably enumerable vector spaces, with R. Dimitrov, in Computability and Complexity, Springer (2017), pp. 366-393.
- Orbits of maximal vector spaces, with R. Dimitrov, Algebra and Logic 54 (2016), pp. 440-476.
- Logic and Algebraic Structure in Quantum Computing, J. Chubb, A. Eskandarian, and V. Harizanov, editors, Cambridge University Press/ASL, 336 pages, 2016. Introduction
- A (very) brief tour of quantum mechanics, computation, and category theory, with J. Chubb, in Logic and Algebraic Structure in Quantum Computing, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Automorphism groups of substructure lattices of vector spaces in computable algebra, with R. Dimitrov and A. Morozov, in 12th Conference on Computability in Europe, Springer (2016), pp. 251-260.
- Index sets for n-decidable structures categorical relative to m-decidable presentations, with E. Fokina, S. Goncharov, O. Kudinov, and D. Turetsky, Algebra and Logic 54 (2015), pp. 336-341.
- Turing degrees of the isomorphism types of geometric objects, with W. Calvert and A. Shlapentokh, Computability 3 (2014), pp. 105-134.
- Computable model theory, with E. Fokina and A. Melnikov, in Turing’s Legacy, Cambridge University Press (2014), pp. 124-194.
- Computability-theoretic properties of injection structures, with D. Cenzer and J. Remmel, Algebra and Logic 53 (2014), pp. 39-69.
- Two-to-one structures, with D. Cenzer and J. Remmel, Journal of Logic and Computation 23 (2013), pp. 1195-1223.
- Other publications can be found here.